Green Building Program
Hands-on skills training to help you find work in the Green Building Industry.
In partnership with Canada Green Building Council, the Green Building Program provides the skills training required to work successfully in the Green Building Construction industry. Training focuses on pre-employment preparation, hands-on training for technical skills, and Green Building theory from industry experts. The program is designed to connect participants with applicable job opportunities in an active industry, and also provides financial supports to make the transition to the workplace as rapid and smooth as possible. There is no cost to participate.
- 8 weeks of technical training in health and safety, use of hand and power tools, deconstruction, framing, trimming, baseboard, drywall, vapour barrier, insulation, subflooring, flooring, window and door installation, and siding.
- Industry required certificates including, First Aid and CPR, WHMIS, Working at Heights, Worker Health & Safety in 4 Steps, and Service Excellence.
- 2 weeks of custom Green Building foundational training including, Green Building for Trades Professionals and Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy for Trades Professionals c/o Canada Green Building Council.
- Pre-employment and soft skills training including resume and cover letter writing, interview preparation, professional networking, and job search strategies.
- Up to 6 weeks of paid job placement in the Green Building industry with continuous support from program staff.
- Access to financial supports to enhance employability and wage stipend to bridge to paid employment.
- Toolkit, safety boots, safety glasses
- Participation in 2 week Green Building foundational training for individuals already employed in the industry needing skill enhancement.
- 18 hours of customized training for starting a business in the Green Building industry.
Participants must be:
- 18+ years of age
- Unemployed, underemployed or precariously employed
- Proficient level of English (benchmark 5 or higher)
- Resident of Ontario
- Legally entitled to study and work in Canada
- Able and willing to commit to 8 weeks of full-time training and 4-6 weeks full-time job placement
Program currently in session, please check back for our next program start date.
For more information or to register for the wait list, please contact: email@example.com or 613-219-9725
Learn about the Y's Green Building Program
In partnership with:
This Employment Ontario project is funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario.