System Support Specialist (Taggart Y and Clarence-Rockland Y)
Location: 180 Argyle Avenue and 1525 Du Parc Avenue
Type: Full-time, preferred start date as soon as possible
Preferred start date: Monday, Jul 24, 2023
Closing date: Friday, Jul 14, 2023
As one of the largest charitable community service organizations in Canada, the YMCA of the National Capital Region responds to critical social needs in the community and works to provide lasting solutions. Serving thousands of people across our region annually, we are a leader and valued partner in creating a vibrant and healthy community where everyone belongs and can reach their full potential. This position requires a commitment to the Y mission and core values of responsibility, honesty, caring, respect, and inclusion, which form the foundation of all Y programs and services.
Working for the Y
Are you looking to use your skills and unique gifts to make a real difference in your community? The YMCA of the National Capital Region is a great workplace committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, where different backgrounds, experiences, and identities are appreciated and celebrated. The YMCA provides hundreds of employees with meaningful jobs and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and the health of our communities. We recognize the contributions of our staff through innovative practices, great benefits, and growth opportunities. Whether you are starting out in your career or a seasoned professional, you will find many exciting opportunities to achieve your personal and career goals. Some of the benefits of working for the Y include:
What we offer
At the Y, you will be part of a vibrant and diverse network of people whose shared vision is to change lives and make our communities home to the healthiest children, teens, adults, and families.
Our competitive wage and benefit package include:
- Free YMCA gym membership;
- Discounted Y program fees (including health & fitness programs, child care, and camps);
- Access to our YMCA Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) including free, immediate, confidential assistance and counselling for you and your family members for mental and physical health, and financial advice, among other 12 suites of services;
- Health and Dental Insurance;
- Long-term Disability and Life Insurance;
- Access to our Canadian YMCA Retirement Fund pension plan;
- Up to 25 vacation days per year including two float days, and one birthday vacation;
- Maternity leave benefits for up to 18 months.
*Some benefits may vary based on employment terms
What do you offer?
Reporting to the General Manager, the System Support Specialist is a technical expert of the Associations Recreation and Membership Management System and is responsible for its upkeep, integrity, maintenance and reliable operation. This position will liaise with the IT Systems Administrator to develop, implement, configure, test, deliver and improve new features and functions of the system to integrate existing business processes that will maximize operational efficiency and effectiveness. The System Support Specialist is tasked with ensuring the Y is forever evolving, modernizing and improving service delivery through innovative channels. The System Support Specialist supports sales functions for new members and helps foster member retention. This position supports bi-monthly fee collection runs and assists in the development and maintenance of a series of reports and dashboards that display accurate key metrics to measure business performance including, but not limited to, active membership numbers, collected revenue and outstanding debt. The System Support Specialist is responsible to ensure the correct setup and configuration of classes, courses and schedules in the Recreation and Membership Management System for the teams within Health, Fitness and Aquatics and ensuring relevant information is communicated across Association Departments such as Finance, IT and Marketing. The System Support Specialist must communicate in a thorough, clear and timely manner to support information sharing and goal achievement across the Association. This position facilitates the training of new staff on software and requires leadership qualities to delegate tasks and provide feedback to a team of users. This position functions in a help desk capacity to provide ongoing technical support to both staff and clients as it relates to program registration, payment collection, general inquiries and problem solving within the Recreation and Membership Management System.
Some of the tasks of this position include:
- Liaising with the IT Systems Administrator to develop, implement, configure, test, deliver and improve new features and functions of the system.
- Ensuring the Y is forever evolving, modernizing, and improving service delivery through innovative channels.
- Supporting sales functions for new members and helping foster member retention.
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of a series of reports and dashboards that display accurate key metrics.
- Ensuring the correct setup and configuration of classes, courses and schedules in the Recreation and Membership Management System.
- Facilitating the training of new staff on software.
- Providing ongoing technical support to both staff and clients as it relates to program registration, payment collection, general inquiries and problem solving within the Recreation and Membership Management System.
What qualifications and abilities are we looking for?
At the YMCA of the National Capital Region, we strive to ensure our employees are a fit based on their strengths, interests, and future goals.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration, Accounting, Office Administration, or related training and/or equivalent experience.
- Fluent in English required, bilingualism an asset
Experience, Skills and Abilities
- 3-5 years of experience in administration
- 3-5 years of experience in customer service
- Strong IT literacy required
- Ability to manage a number of projects simultaneously, through well-developed project management and organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Knowledge of Xplor Recreation or other Recreation and Membership Management System/client management systems is required
- Highly proficient in Excel and other MS Office Suite products
- Applicants must already have a valid permit to work in Canada.
- Criminal Reference Check for the Vulnerable Sector, not more than 6 months old is required.
- Annually all staff must complete the mandatory training for the Protecting Children, Youth, and Vulnerable Persons, and submit the certificate of completion.
- Integrity: Demonstrates responsible behavior at all times and maintains high ethical standards.
- Service Orientation: Deliberately identifies and creates opportunities to enhance each and every person’s YMCA experience.
- Relationship Building: Builds positive interactions both internally and externally to achieve work related goals.
- Quality Focus: Ensures that success criteria for self, staff and programs are set, reviewed and surpassed regularly to provide excellent service delivery.
- Teamwork: Participates in an effective organizational team, which acknowledges and values team members’ skills, experience, cultural background, knowledge, creativity, and contributions.
- Leadership: Participates in an effective organizational team, which acknowledges and values team members’ skills, experience, cultural background, knowledge, creativity, and contributions
About diversity and inclusiveness at the Y:
Inclusiveness is a part of our core values and we are committed to ensuring the diversity of the people and communities we serve and as well as our staff. We welcome candidates from racialized groups, invisible minorities, Indigenous People, women, persons with disabilities, persons who identify as 2SLGBTQ+.
YMCA of the National Capital Region is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, the YMCA will endeavor to provide accommodation to people with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org upon scheduling your interview.
How to apply?
All internal applicants must inform their supervisor of their intention to apply for the position.
Applications must be submitted to the YMCA of the National Capital Region. Please send applications to email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in joining the YMCA of the National Capital Region. We appreciate all applications. Due to the volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those selected for further consideration in the hiring process.
The YMCA of the National Capital Region is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer.