Y Golf Classic - Monday, September 18, 2023
The Ottawa Hunt and Golf Club
1 Hunt Club Road | Ottawa, ON K1V 1B9
Message from the Co-Chairs
Dear fellow golfers,
On behalf of the Organizing Committee, welcome to the 14th edition of the Y Golf Classic. We are so happy to have you all here with us today. All proceeds raised from this tournament will be directed to the YMCA of the National Capital Region. Funds raised by today’s tournament will directly help provide children, youth, adults and families in our region with the resources they need to thrive.
The success of this tournament is a direct result of the wonderful commitment and generosity of our sponsors and supporters, and the efforts of our numerous volunteers. Thank you so much for all of your tremendous support. Have a great day out on the links!
Y Golf Committee Co-chair
Smith & Reid Insurance Brokers
Y Golf Committee Co-chair
Marathon Underground Constructors Corp
Schedule of Events*
11:00AM - Registration, putting/driving range open
11:00AM - BBQ Lunch
1:00PM - Shotgun start ***Please note change
6:00PM - Cocktail reception
7:00PM - Dinner, silent auction, awards presentations
*Times subject to change
- Registration, the putting contest and driving range will open at 11:00AM.
- In a scramble, each player tees off at each hole. The best of the tee shots is selected and all the players play their second shots from that spot. The best of the second shot is determined, and all players then play their third shots from that spot, and so on until the ball is holed.
- Men: Sherrard Kuzz tee markers
- Women: Ernst and Young tee markers
Raffle Tickets/Mulligan Purchase
- If you would like to purchase raffle tickets or mulligans, we are able to accept Visa, Mastercard, and Debit Cards, and cash.
Food and Beverages
- All food and beverages are included until we sit for dinner (cocktails are available for purchase once dinner begins).
Y Golf Classic Silent Auction
We are delighted to announce that this year’s Y Golf Classic includes an exciting Silent Auction with an exclusive selection of items available for bidding. Preview the Silent Auction now!
There will be a display of items at the Y Golf Classic, but you don’t need to be at the tournament to bid. With Givergy, you’ll get a notification if you get outbid, so you have the best chance of winning your favourite items! The Silent Auction auction will close on Monday September 18 at 8PM.
COVID-19 Rules and Considerations
Please read and respect the following list of rules, provided by Ottawa Hunt and Golf Club.
Ottawa Hunt and Golf Club requests that golfers DO NOT come to the club if ANY of these apply to you (in the last 14 days):
- Have returned from travel outside Canada;
- Have been diagnosed with COVID-19;
- Are awaiting the results of a lab test for COVID-19;
- Have symptoms of COVID-19, even if mild; or
- Have been in contact with a confirmed case.
Contests & Special Holes
Speed Hole Contest, Sponsored by Miller Thomson LLP
Ladies’ Longest Drive Contest, Sponsored by generous members of the Y’s Board of Directors
Beverage Cart, Sponsored by Davis Landscaping & Design
Men’s Closest to the Pin Contest, Sponsored by generous members of the Y’s Board of Directors
Men’s Longest Drive Contest, Sponsored by Annis, O’Sullivan, Vollebekk
Halfway Bar, Sponsored by Belanger Longtin (located between holes)
Beat The Pro Contest, Sponsored by Stantec
Poker Hole, Sponsored by Marathon Underground
$25,000 Hole In One Contest, Sponsored by Acera Insurance
Wood fired Pizza Oven, Sponsored by Clyde & Co.
Ladies’ Closest to the Pin Contest, Sponsored by TD
Trackman Driving Range, Sponsored by Rasmussen Starr Ruddy
Washrooms are available at the Clubhouse.
About the Cause
The YMCA of the National Capital Region is thankful to have such great friends and supporters, including our dedicated group of Y Golf Classic Committee Volunteers. Without this group of individuals, the tournament would not be possible. The Y is sincerely grateful to each of the following individuals for their time, guidance, and expertise.
Daniel Reid & Bob Watson
Thank You to Our Tournament Sponsors
We are also grateful for the generous support from
members of the YMCA’s Board of Directors!
Thank You to Our 2023 Program Sponsor