Neighbourhood Day Camps
Make memories close to home!
At Y Neighbourhood Day Camps, children and youth aged 4Y-14Y are active and engaged while taking part in a wide range of traditional or specialty day camp activities. Campers have the opportunity to learn new skills and have fun in local outdoor spaces, gymnasiums, swimming pools and activity rooms, as well as enjoy themed weeks and out trips. Y Neighbourhood Day Camps are a great way to spend summer days having fun and creating friendships!
An experience they will never forget!
Our experienced staff provide campers with the support, attention, and care they need while away from home. All staff are trained in first aid and CPR and lifeguards are nationally certified. Additionally, a Wellness Coordinator is always onsite to attend to campers’ medical needs. All staff must submit a police background check and complete an extensive training program.
Browse through our camp guide and select the camp program that is right for your child.
Neighbourhood Day Camp Resources
View Weekly Camper Schedules
How to Register for Camp
Once you have browsed through our Camp Guide (PDF) and chosen the right camp for your child, you are ready to complete the registration process. There are two options for registration:
1. The easiest and quickest way to register for camp is by registering online:
- View step by step instructions on how to register for camps online (PDF).
- Search for Y camps and programs online.
- Learn how to set up your online account to register for camps.
Full payment is due at time of registration.
2. You may also register in person or by email:
- Complete the Camp Registration Form (PDF).
- Email completed forms to Y Day Camps: email@example.com or deliver your completed forms in person at your local Y
Please note, if you submit your registration in person at one of our Y locations or by email, someone from our camp office will reach out to complete your registration and process your payment in full over the phone.
We are proud to offer supportive programs for participants with special needs and requirements. This program allows campers the opportunity to participate in camp our programs with additional counselor support, ensuring that their experience is a positive one. Each camper will be assessed independently and assigned, with the help of the camper’s family, a one to one or low ratio camper to counselor experience. Please note that space is limited. To learn more, please contact our camp office at 613-832-1234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
At the Y, we believe that every child should have the opportunity to experience camp. Thanks to the generous support of donors and various fundraising initiatives year-round, we are able to provide financial assistance for families who otherwise could not afford the experience for their children.
Y camps are for every child and youth in our communities. Because camp can have a profoundly positive and lasting effect on children, we are dedicated to ensuring that as many kids as possible have access to a YMCA-YWCA camp experience.
Click here to download a Financial Assistance Application Form (PDF).
Please note, to process your Financial Assistance application in-person an appointment is required. Alternatively, you can email your application and supporting documents to our camp team. To submit an application, for more information, or to book your in-person appointment, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 613-832-1234.
City of Ottawa Childcare Subsidy/OCDSB EDP Program
See steps below for the City of Ottawa Childcare Subsidy/OCDSB EDP application process.
- Review the camp guide and handbook, and select the weeks of camp and location that suit your family best.
- Complete the registration form (1 form per child), and return it to the camp team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or bring it to your local YMCA location.
- Camper families accessing the City of Ottawa Childcare Subsidy must indicate so on their registration form (page 4 of the registration form).
- Registrations will be processed in the order they are received. Submitting a registration form does not guarantee a spot in a program as spots may be limited depending on the camp's location.
- The YMCA camp team will connect with the City of Ottawa to confirm that the camper is able to attend camp via this subsidy (please allow up to two weeks to confirm and process).
- Once confirmation is received from the City of Ottawa, the camper will be registered in the YMCA camp program, and the family will receive a confirmation email from the YMCA with their camper's program information.
Refunds and Transfers
Transfer requests must be made be in writing by emailing email@example.com. Please include your camper’s name, your name, and the weeks they are both unregistering for and transferring to in your request. All transfers must be completed 10 business days prior to the session start date, provided there is space in the program.
All refunds must be requested in writing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your camper’s name, your name, and the week they are unregistering for in your request. There are no refunds for children who are asked to leave the camp due to behavioural and/or safety issues. Please read our Camper Code of Conduct in the Family Resource section of our website for more information regarding our camper expectations and bullying policy.
Check out our Neighbourhood Day Camps in action!
(Click on an image below to enlarge)