Facility Access Guidelines
Welcome to the Y!
All members, guests and visitors must check in before entering our facilities. To ensure the safety of all, non-members are required to present photo ID prior to entry to the Y.
Child facility access (ages 0Y-9Y)
- Children 0Y-9Y may use Y programs and facilities when accompanied by a parent or guardian over the age of 16Y.
- To ensure your child's safety, a parent/guardian must remain in the building while the child participates in a program. When the child is not in a program, they must be directly supervised by their parent/guardian at all times.
Child facility access (ages 10Y-12Y)
- Children aged 10Y-12Y may access the facility without a parent, but must complete the free Y Kids Academy program in order to use the conditioning floor unattended. You can learn more about the Y Kids Academy Program on our Child & Youth Programs page.
- Children 10Y-12Y can participate in pre-teen programs by signing themselves in and out of programs as long as parents/guardians have completed the required paperwork granting permission.
- For their own safety and proper development, children 12Y and younger cannot participate in adult programs, regardless of parent/guardian presence.
Child pool access (ages 0Y-11Y)
Children 0Y-6Y must be accompanied in the water by a parent/guardian over the age of 16 who remains within arms’ reach and in the water at all times. Parent/guardian to child ratio is 1:2.
Ages 7Y-11Y - Deep end access
For increased safety in our aquatic facilities, all swimmers between the ages of 7Y-11Y, must complete a brief swim test prior to entering the deep end.
The swim test includes swimming 1 length of the pool uninterrupted and treading water for 30 seconds.
Children 7Y-11Y who do not successfully complete the swim test may swim in the small pool or shallow end of the main pool with a parent/guardian over the age of 16 who remains in the water and within arms’ reach at all times. Parent/guardian to child ratio is 1:4.
Children 7Y-11Y who successfully complete the swim test may access any area of the pool and will be provided with a green wristband. Only those children with a green wristband are allowed to swim in the deep end. A parent/guardian 16 years of age or older must remain on the pool deck. Parent/guardian to child ratio is 1:8.
All of our facilities offer men's, women's, and universal change rooms. Children 5 years and under may use either gender's change room when accompanied by an adult parent or guardian. Children over the age of 5 years should use their own gender's change room.
Alternatively, everyone is welcome to use the universal change rooms. Universal change rooms offer private changing areas.
Need more information?
Our Membership Service Centre staff can assist you with any questions you have. Please contact us at 343-804-0720, or via email@example.com.